Wow I like it, and incredible for less than 4k. Reminds me of the bootloader demos you'd get on the Amiga. Great work!
Sorry for the late reply but I'm very busy at the moment with my patreon-project. :-)
Here are some facts, for those who are curious:
- binary (includes data) = 34.886 bytes
- fix = 2.912 bytes (a complete new font!)
- spr = 2.816 bytes (plasma, twister, checkerboard)
- z80 = 6.754 bytes (based on Leonards Z80 but highly optimized & Timer based)
- binary (packed) = 3.200 bytes + header & startup
- everything in realtime 50Hz, no precalculation!
- does not use vblank, instead LSPC-wait
- plasma 81*32 (0x0FFF)
- transparent (blue) layer is based on palette switching
more will come next year! ;-)
Do you use a special screen mode ?
Is this screen mode enable for all neo geo console or only for the cd ?
no special screenmode used... because there is no other screenmode unless you distinguish between pal and ntsc.
this demo uses some tricks (eg the plasma, the blue transparent bars & blobs) but of course this is also possible on aes/mvs.